this game is awesome !! i gave it a go alongside m.a. packer's post-nuke adventure generation table and had an absolute blast. the illustrations and included setting info are top-notch as well. if anyone reading is interested, a fun optional house rule is having players roll for a new mutation if they choose that path when levelling up, rather than picking one out like a specialty. makes things v chaotic and fun !
The Mutants of Ixx
A downloadable game
THE MUTANTS OF IXX is a post apocalyptic role playing game for around 2-6 people. This pamphlet contains all the rules you need to explore & exploit the many locations hidden deep within the lush (but dangerous) Jungles of Ixx.
You'll get TWO versions of the pamphlet - The Players Guide with all the rules needed to play as well as a character sheet, and the Game Master Guide that contains more information about the world, as well as an introductory adventure.
- Hand drawn illustrations
- Pamphlet size, which means 2 pages (or rather 6, when folded)
- 18 Mutations
- 10 Specialties (Or skills)
- Short and Sweet ruleset based on "Into the Odd" by Chris McDowall
- Equipment-drawing-and-list-in-one (Also cover image!)
- Hexmap with evocative descriptions of the nearby locations
- All the rules you need to start playing quickly
- One-page-Introductory Adventure: "Lair of the Clonelings"
- A fast and fun way of running all your Post Apocalyptic, gamma-glowing adventures!
- This just in! American Letter format added! (The text is slightly smaller, and the layout is a little bit different, but it's better than nothing!)
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This game rules!
I've run a one-shot session of MoIXX inspired by Strugatsky Brothers "Roadside Picnic" Novel. Stalkers in a post-encounter Soviet Union, walking the zones to find weird and powerful artifacts. It was the first time my friends played a pamphlet system and I can say they had so much fun!
Totally recommended game!